Monday, November 10, 2008

Michelle Obama to Meet Ellie Kay & Discuss Military Families??

Sometimes I hear that I've been featured in the media and didn't know it until someone told me. This happened last month with The Today Show and The New York Times. Sure, in some cases like the NYT, I posed for photos in my office, but I still didn't know when it would run. But this past weekend this phenomenon bordered on the absurd when I was on The Happy Homewives Club radio show and the host asked me, "So what was it like meeting with Michelle Obama?" I was speechless.

It's one thing to be featured in the media and not know it, but it's quite another to have a meeting with the future First Lady and not know it! I blurted out, "I didn't meet with Michelle Obama! Why did you think I did?" She went on to say, "I got a press release from the DNC that said, Ellie Kay to meet with Michelle Obama and discuss military families."

So, I'm waiting for the call (and I may be waiting a while) but I think someone (besides me) may be confused. After writing the book Heroes at Home and speaking to military families around the world about their finances and lifestyle, I do have a few things to offer up to Mrs. Obama that I think can help her understand what military families are facing and how she can make a positive impact in their lives.

Veteran's Day is tomorrow and I'd encourage you to not only say "thank you" to a man or woman in uniform, but I'd say take it a step further--thank those military families for their contributions as well. After all, they are the Heroes at Home.

To all veterans--past and present--and to their families I say, "Thank you for your service."

Ellie Kay

America's Family Financial Expert (R)

http://www.elliekay.com/