Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Texas to Toronto - From Ya'll to Eh!


My "Living Rich for Less" book tour took me from my original stomping grounds in Texas all the way to the frozen white north of Toronto. I tend to adapt easily to my surroundings, so when I did TV shows in Canada, I found myself saying, "The thing aboot finances if that you have to stay on top of them, eh?"


In Dallas, I had to keep myself from saying, "Hey ya'll, I'm fixing to tell you some thangs that are gonna help you a bushel with yer money." But somehow I managed and you can see some of these clips to get short, pithy and helpful hints that will help to save you $30,000 in 2009! This was on CBS NEWS You be the judge and tell me if you think the Financial Expert or the Texan took over in these interviews!

Ellie's personal story: Runs 2:40
- Ellie on the economy: Runs :43
- How to save on Homeowner's Insurance: Runs: 1:51
- How to save on Auto Insurance: Runs 1:31
- Grocery Savings: Runs 1:14
- Restaurant savings: Runs :55
- Saving Is Cool: Runs: :24
- Tips on Refinancing your mortgage: Runs: :47
- Charitable Donations: Runs: 2:09


I'll be back to Texas to do shows for CBS "Prime Time" (interactive perhaps?) and other shows on March 19th--so stay tuned!


Hey ya'll, check back again for more helpful hints on my blog, eh?
Ellie Kay
America's Family Financial Expert