Sunday, January 13, 2008

Cheaper Doesn't Mean A Better Value



When I was a beginning saver, I used to think that cheaper was always the best way to go. Then I grew up and realized that value is what really matters. For example, I could buy store brands (or other brands) of dishwashing soap that are cheaper, but they are mainly water. Whereas a bottle of Dawn has 40% more cleaning ingredients per drop than these other brands and one bottle lasts longer because of the cleaning power. It gets my dishes sweet smeeling clean. Plus, I usually have coupons for my favorite Dawn products.

The product I'm really hooked on right now is the apple scented Dawn that performs a double duty: it's a dishwashing soap and an air freshner as well. That's twice the bang for your buck and that's my idea of value!

Keeping it clean!

Ellie Kay
www.elliekay.com
America's Family Financial Expert (R)